Friday, July 1, 2016

Theory Time!

Sorry, but I don't have a Top 10 list today, either. I came up with this theory a few days ago and couldn't wait to share it. So I was looking at Pinterest, and I saw found this:

This picture is of Hawkeye, conversing with a child in a Hulk costume. Hawkeye says he has his hearing aids out, and we can't read or "hear" what the kid is saying. So I started thinking. What if we experience comics like the protagonist wants us to, or how they experience it.

One of my supporting reasons is Batman, or more specifically Gotham. A video by NerdSync (I'll put a link below) theorizes that Gotham isn't as bad as us as the readers thinks. We mostly see the bad things that happen in Gotham, because who would read a comic if a lot of it just showed normal life? My spin on this theory is that Batman not only mainly interacts with the low lives of Gotham, but Batman obviously has a dark state of mind. So what if we see Gotham how Batman sees it?

My next point is about Deadpool. Deadpool obviously has brain damage. His comics are almost always the wackiest and strange. What if a lot of what we read in the comics just happens in his head?

I consider this picture to be proof. 372,844 pancakes is a lot of pancakes. I did some research, and it takes about three minutes to cook each side of a pancake. So I punch those digits into a calculator, and it would have taken him about 1553.5 DAYS to make those pancakes. That's about 4.2 years. And that's doing it nonstop, with absolutely no time in between pancakes.

This is probably not factual, but I will say that maybe the writers make Deadpool, Batman and other comics like this just because it's fiction and they can do whatever they want, but most theories are seldom confirmed. Tell me what you think in the comments. Thanks for reading!

NerdSync's Video: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=VQ19aGp-FQ8

No comments:

Post a Comment