Monday, September 12, 2016

The Sue Richards Conspiracy

Click-baity title confirmed (Dun nuh nuh nuh Whoo Hee Whoo Hee Hee Whoo)

Jokes aside, today I wanna talk about something that I noticed while reading Fantastic Four #312, which was published in 19-hatey-8. I don't have to put a spoiler alert thought, because this post has absolutely nothing to do with the plot.  It has to do with  the forum at the back of the book,or as Ralph Macchio cleverly called it, the 'Fantastic Forum.'  As I was reading the letters in the back, I noticed a trend. Let me type out a few out examples:
Image result for Fantastic Four #312"... Crystal is far and away more powerful than the conceited Sue Storm Richards.  I have long waited for Mrs. Richards to be put in her place and hope that this time Crystal replaces the Invisible Woman for good!  You simply can not justify Sue remaining on the team."
"... Sharon is a neat gal and I hope she stays, falls in love with Ben, Marries him, and then replaces Susan as a permanent member of the FF.  Susan is out!!   Susan is no longer needed by the team!  Face it my forum writers and creators, with a powerful Sharon around, who need an Invisible Woman any longer?"
"Sue Storm Richards has been a conceited snob for almost three decades.  Please find some way to teach here a much needed lesson.  My first proposal is to right a story where Psycho-Man gets his revenge and kills Sue!..."
 And that just a fraction of the hate towards the Invisible Woman.  So what do you think?  Would you like it if the Invisible Woman had been replaced by Crystal or Sharon?

No comments:

Post a Comment