Saturday, October 7, 2017

Something I Noticed In Mr. Peabody and Sherman | October Writeathon 7/31


I'm back! After a long break from Geekagogue working on my own blog, I'm finally back to writing for this blog. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Arthur, one of the co-creators of Geekagogue. For my homecoming post, I'd like to take a closer look at Mr. Peabody and Sherman, one of the best kids movies in recent times, in my opinion. Mr.Peabody and Sherman is a heartwarming movie about a genius dog (Mr. Peabody) that adopts a kid (Sherman) and builds a time machine in order to educate him.
     
After thinking about the movie for an embarrassing amount of time, I realized a small detail that many people probably overlooked. Oh yeah, look out for spoilers. 
     
Near the beginning of the movie, after Sherman inexplicably bit Penny, Penny and her parents come over to Mr. Peabody's apartment to have dinner. Penny manipulates Sherman into showing her the WABAC, the time machine that Mr. Peabody uses to teach Sherman. They end up in Egypt, in the time of King Tut. 
     
Cut back to Mr. Peabody, who's using his mad bartender skills to entertain Penny's parents. Sherman interrupts, and Peabuddy has to hypnotize her parents and go save her from being killed when King Tut dies. They then participate in the Trojan War, and Mr. Peabody supposedly dies. 
     
Sherman and Penny then both go back to moments before Sherman interrupted, to get Mr. Peabody again. 
     
This is what I noticed. The first Sherman shows up, trying to get Mr. Peabody to go to Egypt, while the second Sherman and Penny try to get him to go save the last Mr. Peabody, who supposedly died. But then the presumed dead Peabody shows up.Both versions of Mr. Peabody and Sherman bind together (quite literally) to save the world, but Penny never meets her past self. So that means a version of Penny was left to die in Egypt with her boyfriend, King Tut. Betcha won't hear the writers talking about that.

Thanks for reading, and if you know of any more plot discrepancies in a film I should cover, let me know in the comments. Arthur out.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment