Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Thirteen Facts You Didnt Know About Doctor Who!

Everyone loves Doctor Who. So for my first official Geekagogue post, I thought I should discuss everyone's favorite gateway fandom. I hope you like it!
  1. In 2007, St. Paul's Church, Cardiff held a Doctor Who themed service to attract younger people. It worked!
  2. Tom Baker (the Fourth Doctor) joined a monastery at age 15. He left six years later.
  3. The words Dalek, T.A.R.D.I.S, and Whovian are all in the Oxford English Dictionary.
  4. Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who. Later used in the spin off Torchwood. (Watch it now!)
  5. Doctor Who is banned in China! So is any other time travel based show, the government officials don't want to promote anything to do with altering history.
  6. Asteroid 3325, found in 1984, was named T.A.R.D.I.S after Doctor Who's T.A.R.D.I.S! 
  7. Doctor Who employed BBC's first female producer, Verity Lambert.
  8. The Eighth Doctor starred in only one feature length episode.
  9. The T.A.R.D.I.S sound was originally made by rubbing a key along the bass strings of a piano and playing the sound backwards!
  10. Around his moonwalking phase, Michael Jackson was almost the Doctor! Luckily it didn't work out.
  11. The BBC owns the copyright to the design of the T.A.R.D.I.S, instead of the Metropolitan Police.
  12. Doctor Who was originally going to be an educational show, when in the future, they would teach about science, and history in the past! 
  13. J.K. Rowling was asked to write a Christmas special for Doctor Who, but declined.
That's all for now, thanks for reading, I hope you liked it! Come back next week for my next post, don't forget to tell your friends and family about Geekagogue!

No comments:

Post a Comment